Friday, June 29, 2012

This Bodes Well for My Contentment

According to Forbes, five out of the ten "happiest jobs" are the five careers I've most seriously considered and will most likely find myself doing in the future - including the #1 job, which is probably the one I'm most likely to do.

I'm skeptical of the findings because I have no idea how they could possibly gather significant stats about something like this, but it's interesting nonetheless. The findings suggest that the biggest difference underlying the happiest jobs from the most hated jobs is a sense of meaning and purpose that transcends bringing home a paycheck. That certainly rings true for me.

The "Happiest" job are...

1. Clergy
2. Firefighters
3. Physical Therapists
4. Authors
5. Special Education Teachers
6. Teachers
7. Artists
8. Psychologists
9. Financial Service Sales Agents
10. Operating Engineers

Out of all the careers out there, #s 1, 4, 6, 7, and 8 are probably the ones I've thought about most seriously (depending on how broad the definition of #7 is).

No comments:

Post a Comment